I'm in one of those moods. It's something different from cranky, but I am constatntly noticing things right now that bother me in mild ways. Kind of like a Seinfeld episode that lasts several days, and I want to stop people and say, "So, what's the deal with X, Y, or Z," except that I know noone really wants to hear about it. Oh, but I write a blog, don't I, and I don't care if you care. I'm just going to rant about a few things, and you can read it or not.
Today I was driving down the road and trying to go the speed limit when I catch up to this car ahead of me going about 35 in a 50mph zone. This is not unusual. I find that as I am running my errands, I often share the road with very old people because they are the only other ones running around town at 10 in the morning besides other jobless mommies. So, I politely pass this slower car, and that's that until we meet again at a stop light. I've been stopped a few seconds when she arrives at the line. I know this light will take a few minutes, and as I'm sitting there, I notice that she keeps inching ahead. She does it through the entire cycle of the light. By the time we're on green, she's basically out in the middle of a very busy intersection. I don't even know why I notcied this, but it struck me as odd that she would be so keen on the light turning green when she was barely moving down the road in the first place. I guess she realized it was gonna take her a while to get where she was going at her speed, so she thought she'd get a head start. I don't know. I kind of wanted to roll down my window and pick her brain over the whole thing, but I thought that might seem odd.
I stopped at a fancy schmancy gas station/gourmet market today to grab a spoon that I forgot to pack in Kylie's lunch box, and I decided to try this organic peach soda. We're not having sodas at home, so it felt like a treat, and for some reason the word "organic" makes you (me) believe it's good for you (me). I drink most of it before reading the label, and as I'm reading it, I notice the ingredient list is way sparse. But I'm kinda digging that, because who really needs all that stuff they put in food and drinks anyway, right? It's got no corn syrup, and I was really happy with that. But I also realize there is no mention of fruit or juice in this list. I look back at the front of the label, and it is complete with pictures of peaches, the giant ORGANIC label, and the small print that says, "Contains no fruit juice." Duh! What exactly is organic about this drink? The water? I feel tricked, but I finish the dumb thing anyway.
Ok, one more thing. What is the deal with word verifications? Every website in the world now makes you interpret some idiotic word that's not a word in order to do anything, and the type is all screwed up so you pretty much have to just guess or squint or cross your eyes to make it out. I don't get it. I've long since removed that feature from my blog for all of you who love to leave me comments. Couldn't you consider doing the same? It makes me want to learn something about computers (I really just know how to turn this thing on and send emails) just so I can hack a way around those maddening things.
So, that's my madness for today. Have an organic day.
No comments:
Post a Comment