Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ever Used This? Heard of it?

I'm thinking about this baby a lot lately because it will be here before we know it, and I realized that they may not let us take it home from the hospital. We have no car seat, stroller, or bed for an infant. We got rid of each of them after Alex grew out of them. So, I'm thinking we need to get ready and start looking at some stuff for this little guy. I'd like for him to sleep somewhere close to our bed but not in our bed, so I'm considering a co-sleeper that buts up to the side of the bed like this: www.armsreach.com or something totally different than I've ever tried, like this: www.ambybaby.com I saw it advertised somewhere, and I think it seems pretty cool. Neither of my kids loved sleeping in a crib or cradle, and this looks like a reasonable solution. Plus, we have space issues to deal with. I just don't know where we'll put the kid (Kylie and Alex each want him to sleep in his or her respective bedroom, but I ain't going for that just now.), and I know if I don't get something before he gets here, my bed will be the eventual destination. It probably will be anyway, but I feel like I should at least make an effort. So, my point in writing this is to ask if any of you have ever used either one of these devices for a baby? If so, would you reccommend either of them? Or, lacking that, has anyone heard anything good or bad about them? Thanks in advance.

3 comments:

amanda said...

All I can say is that I wanted an armsreach cosleeper. And I would like the other thing for myself. In my size, naturally. Good luck. We used that little in bed cosleeper for a while, and liked that, but its not the kind of solution you are seeking. So this was not beneficial. Hope you are having a great day!!

Jessie said...

Okay... I know exactly what you are talking about with the co-sleepers. They look AWESOME and I totally wanted one until my friend Angie found something saying that the Consumer Product Safety Commission hasn't established safety standards for these products, so the American Academy of Pediatrics doesn't recommend them. I don't know if this will help you or not but just thought I would let you know!!!

Ashley said...

Me, me! I have the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper - you are welcome to check it out if you can jump over all of the junk in my house. He, he. That would be pretty funny to watch a pregnant woman jumping over the pyramid of toys that seem to have located themselves in my living room. Ok, back on subject, I've also heard great things about the Amby, especially if you have a colicky baby. We thought about getting one, but ended up not getting it.