R: Hey, let's go camping this weekend.
J: Yeah, that sounds fun. Let's do that. Do you know where we put the tent?
R: Yeah, but I think it might be too small. We should probably get a bigger one anyway. (cha-ching!)
J: Oh.
R: And, hey, will you buy a mountain bike this week so we can all ride? (cha-ching!)
J: Oh, okay. Sure. That would be fun. I've been wanting to get a bike anyway.
R: And we'll either need a hitch to mount the bike rack we already have to the van or we'll need to buy another rack that mounts another way. (cha-ching!)
J: Oh. Okay. Um. . .
R: And, hey, did you want to get another ride behind? (cha-ching!)
J: No. Even if we each pulled a big kid, what would we do with Pete?
R: We'll just have to get a baby seat for him. I think there's room on the seat post for both attachments. (cha-ching!)
J: Oh.
And this, friends, is just one conversation that leaves me hearing noises lately. Here are a few others:
the new lawn mower/new weed eater talk
the new TV discussion
the "we really should put some work into the other car" chat
the "isn't it time Pete get a bigger carseat" talk
the "if I have to sleep on this crappy mattress one more night!" conversation
the new TV discussion
the "we really should put some work into the other car" chat
the "isn't it time Pete get a bigger carseat" talk
the "if I have to sleep on this crappy mattress one more night!" conversation
cha-ching! cha-ching! cha-ching! cha-ching! cha-ching!
Maybe it's ka-ching! Either way. . .
Maybe it's ka-ching! Either way. . .
1 comment:
I feel like anything free we want to do sounds like that...getting rid of our satellite to watch "free" tv...um yeah.
Post a Comment