Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mental Health '09: Round One

On this, the first fake sick day of the new school year, we did the following, and nothing more:


Sleep in late, accidentally.
Decide to take the day off rather than take a precious tardy. (We have to ration those.)
Have granola bars for breakfast in the car.
Go to the gym and get weird looks since all the other kids there were not school aged.
Go to Sam's and leave without purchasing anything except lunch for the kids.
Lounge around, watch DVDs, play on the computer, and take naps.
Talk about going swimming.

I don't know about you, but I feel much better now, and I doubt anyone will feel (fake) sick tomorrow. Off to cook dinner (my first productive venture today, thank you very much!) and talk about going swimming some more.

Any ideas for the note I will have to send to school in the morning are more than welcomed.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Ha ha ha! So awesome! I admire the ability to do this. I fear authority...all kinds. I just KNOW I'll get caught.

Hey, and tomorrow is "Muffins with Mom" at 7:15 AM.

A...M...

And, as if that weren't enough, are you planning on volunteering tomorrow? Am I watching Mr. Peter?

It seems you are about to do your penance.

Tom Rod said...

Simple. No note. Put the fear and eventual seed of rebellion towards the 'man' into the heart of them young'uns.

Course you could always say you have a neighbor with a sick pig, could be swine flu. But that probably only works for other areas in your state. :-)

Good luck!

Kram Nossungam said...

I like Tom's idea. Anarchy, mayhem, and a blatant disregard for authority ... a Magnusson tradition.

Jessica said...

Maren - Yes, I am slackery to the point of admiration. Glad you recognize that.

Tom - No note has been my policy in the past. I just worried it was a little early in the year for a skip day.

Mark - Now that you mention it, . .. anarchy, mayhem, blatant disregard for authority . . .there is a familiar ring there. I'm citing your comment as implicit permission to furthermore blame it on the Magnusson genes. Thank you.