Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Conversation w/Alex

It was pretty one-sided.

I was holding Peter, trying to nurse him (He gets distracted with Alex around.), while checking my email.
Alex was trying to get me to play attack or battle or something equally violent on my bed. I wasn't feeling it. That kid gets all carried away and usually hurts me with the elbows and the feet and the whatnot.
Finally I tell him, "Alex, I don't really want to play that now."
A few minutes later he comes back, having thought of another appraoch.
"Mom, if you don't play KungFu Fighting (Sing that when you read it, as in "...Those cats were fast as lightning," because that's how he said it.), then you're going to get fat."

slight pause

"Fatter than you've ever been."

hmm. Maybe I should play.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love that kid.

Courtney said...

ha ha ha, that is hilarious!

Katie Rod said...

Nice logic. Maybe I should play, too.

Haben said...

WOW when did kids get sooo manipulative? Smart little booger, he knew the exact button to push to get what he wanted... from any mom!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.